Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My holy trinity (part 1)


Winter has officially arrived in New York City. Don't get me wrong, I love the fresh crisp air (I just prefer it while under our down comforter), but I hate what the winter does to "my poor skin". Every morning, I have a 15-minute walk to the subway station that leaves my face frigid and chapped. When I come home, I face an apartment with heat that can't be adjusted and no humidity. Needless to say, I'm dry, itchy, and overly sensitive.

It's officially time to go back to "old faithfuls". Despite the (over)abundance of grooming products in my bathroom, bedroom, closet, hall closet, medicine cabinet, shower...there are a few products that I always come back to - the holy trinity. And the holy trinity costs less than $20!

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 ($5) - Seriously, it's the #1 product on my "If I was stranded on a desert island and could only have 3 things" list. It will cure virtually any dry skin-related ailment. In the winter, I slather it on my lips. But I also put it under and around my nose when it gets chapped. I put it on my eyebrows to keep them in line and well groomed. I put it on the tops of my ears where they get dry from the wind. I put it on my nailbeds to prevent hangnails. In a pinch, it even works as eye cream. It has a thick consistency, but not in a dirty/greasy sort of way. It goes on in a "feel how soothing I am" way. It's no surprise that it wins so many awards, because it does what it promises.

www.kiehls.com

(image of Lip Balm #1 taken from www.kiehls.com )

No comments: