Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My holy trinity (part 2)


Aquaphor Healing Ointment ($6) - The next part of the moisture trinity. Confession: I suffer from horribly dry feet. Dry to the point that my heels used to split in the winter and were so painful that I could only wear flip-flops. And I tried virtually everything, including prescription lotions, ointments, etc. They were softer, but still painful. Then, I discovered Aquaphor. It has the consistency of Vaseline, but it nurtures more. I'd say that I apply it religiously throughout the winter, but it has helped my feet so much that I no longer require daily treatments. It's almost as if it has penetrated my heels and allows them to hold onto moisture. This is how I got the best results. I soaked my feet in a warm bath and washed them really well. I then towel-dried my feet but left them a little damp. I put on a generous layer of the Aquaphor ointment. I wrapped my feet in Saran Wrap. I put on thick white athletic socks. And then I kept them on for as long as possible. Amazingly, I was able to sleep with them on, and I was rewarded when I woke up - my feet were finally starting to heal (no pun intended)!

(image taken from www.drugstore.com )

No comments: