Thursday, February 1, 2007

Pedi-Cure


I decided to splurge last night on a super special glycolic pedicure at Ajune Spa on the Upper East Side. I always complain about how dry my feet can get, I haven't had a pedicure in forever, and even my husband said "Jen, go get one." So I did. And it was the most incredible pedicure that I have EVER had. First, they cut my toenails, filed them down, got rid of the cuticles, etc. Then, came the most amazing thing I've ever seen...the pedicurist put on a product called BeNatural Callus Eliminator, then she wrapped my feet in plastic baggies, covered them with aluminum foil (I'd never seen that before) and let them sit for 5 minutes. While my feet were covered, she applied a Natura Bisse 50% glycolic complex to my legs. And then the magic happened. She uncovered my feet, began scrubbing them with the foot file and PILES OF DEAD SKIN ROLLED OFF MY FEET! I'm not kidding - I've NEVER seen anything so fascinating (or disgusting when you think about it) in my life. And the pedicurist just laughed at my reaction because she sees it all the time. She polished my toes in Essie Thigh High (a gorgeous bright red) and off I went.

This pedicure wasn't cheap, but I think I can swing it 4x a year. I even came home and showed my new feet to my husband and he immediately said "is this a product you think we should buy and keep in the apartment for you?" He's so well trained!

I might take him up on the offer...


Ball Beauty
Ajune Spa - ask for Diane


My feet and legs have never felt better.
(image taken from www.ballbeauty.com )

No comments: