Monday, February 5, 2007

Post-Game Detox




I don't know about you, but I definitely ate way too much last night watching the Super Bowl. We made my father-in-law's amazing chili and then gorged on cupcakes from Sugar Sweet Sunshine, my favorite bakery in NYC. Seriously, when I awoke this morning to get ready for work, I was still nursing the post-binge hangover. Coupled with the 10 degree weather outside in NYC right now, it did not make for a pleasant morning. Lucky for me, I still have a good quantity left of my trusty Fresh Rice Sake Bath. I bought it as a splurge with a Sephora birthday gift certificate a year or so ago when I was having a "fat" day. It was one of those products that had always caught my eye, but I never loved myself enough to buy a bottle of $80 bath oil. The bottle claims that sake was used by Geisha as an all-purpose tool to exfoliate the face, smooth rough hands, detoxify the body and regenerate the skin. Well, I have enough facial exfoliants, and my hands are already smooth, but after the calorie-nightmare last night, I could definitely go for a nice detoxifying bath. Given the icy temperatures, I was able to feel thinner and warmer all at the same time!

They recommend using the Sake Bath in water as hot as you can handle. The Bath has a really pleasant peach-y scent that you can definitely feel stimulating your systems long after you dry off. Even though you soak in hot water, the sweat that you work up in the tub feels different than a regular sweat. I strongly doubt it's the miracle cure that will cure the post-game bloat, but if I'm going to feel chubby, I might as well feel soft and smell nice!

You can find it online at Sephora and obtain more information at Fresh.

(image taken from http://www.fresh.com/)

No comments: